When you’re choosing a dirt bike helmet you need to be vary of the protection level, comfort, visor quality, ventilation, size, weight and last but not least, the price. I decided to test 20 of the most highly rated dirt bike helmets under $300 and find which ones are truly the best. This investigation made me realize that many helmets are missing something.
To tell you the truth, I couldn’t find a single one that I was completely happy with. After all, these aren’t top of the line helmets, these are affordable, lower tier helmets.
But it doesn’t mean that they suck. Many are quite comfortable and are clearly made from strong and durable materials. You don’t have to break the bank to keep your head safe. All you have to do is read the following reviews and pick one of these 7 helmets:
1. Bell Unisex-Adult Off-Road Helmet
Since MX-9 Adventure MIPS helmets blend classic design and advanced technology, they are among the best dirt bike helmets. The MX-9 helmet is a wonderful helmet that provides excellent protection at a reasonable price. As one of the most respected helmet manufacturers in the world, Bell has delivered efficient, high-quality products for nearly seven decades.
- MIPS energy management system.
- Adjustable to your liking Air intake ports.
- Lightweight polycarbonate ABS shell structure.
- DOT approved and meets the FMVSS 218 Standard.
- Velocity Flow Ventilation system for optimal cooling on the Flying Bridge Visor.
- There are three DOT-certified shell and EPS sizes available, each with a five-year guarantee, which is the best in the business.
MIPS helmets are wonderful and provide exceptional protection to riders. The visor tends to slide up and down when riding, especially at higher speeds when the wind catches it.
2. LS2 Helmet MX-Off Road Subverter
The LS2 helmet Subverter is the company’s top-of-the-line motocross helmet, with DOT and ECE certifications for street usage but no reflective sections or speaker pockets. It has a polycarbonate shell with a dual-density EPS foam liner to withstand high and low-speed impacts.
A thin, inner polycarbonate layer sandwiched between the EPS and the comfort liner allows the comfort liner to move to decrease the rotational stress that some collisions can apply to a rider’s head.
- Wicking in-mold technology.
- Rotational energies are reduced thanks to moisture.
- Emergency release cheek padding and a stronger chin strap.
- For the utmost in ventilation, there are 35 different apertures.
- 3 shells for the smallest, lightest helmet possible in your size
- Virtually all common brands of goggles fit via the large eye-port.
- Energy management system, the light, robust Kinetic Polymer Alloy (KPA) shell allows only a little flex.
It is a super comfy “long oval” lid, with uniform pressure around the head, which is more melon-shaped than grapefruit.
3. O’Neal Unisex-Adult Helmet – Spyde
The lightweight poly-injected shell of the O’Neal 2 Series Helmet provides complete venting for increased aerodynamics and overall cooling.
This highly visible motorcycle helmet keeps you cool and comfortable while out on the track. With a nose guard and washable lining, the visor may be adjusted in height.
- Visor with height adjustment.
- Multicolored graphics that last.
- Chinstrap with a double D release.
- Several air vents help you stay cool and dry.
- Ultra-plush detachable and washable cushioned lining
- The nose guard is made of rubber for increased protection.
- Polycarbonate/ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) motocross helmet
The minimal weight of the helmet allows for full head flexibility up and down as well as side to side motions. The forceful appearance of the body lines is striking and distinguishes itself from more traditional designs and forms.
4. GLX GX23 Dirt Bike Off-Road Helmet
GLX Helmets was founded in 2002 in Southern California. GLX’s objective has been to provide safe, inexpensive, and high-quality goods for different budgets.
This GLX GX23 Dirt Bike Off-Road Helmet is stylish and practical. It has a lot of amazing safety features that protect your head in the case of a collision.
- To provide excellent impact absorption and fulfill DOT criteria.
- it is impenetrable in safety, light in weight, and elastic in design.
- A massively guarded opening provides a cosmic peripheral field of vision.
- For improved impact absorption, the chin bar is lined with high-quality EPS material.
- A multi-density EPS lining provides beneficial cooling pathways throughout the helmet.
- High-grade steel screws tested for rooster-tail smut protection and solid mounting location.
- An aerodynamic shell with an innovative cooling system that has a total of 14 intake and exhaust ports.
- All helmets purchased from an authorized distributor would come with the usual GLX One-Year Limited Manufacturer Warranty, as well as ongoing support for any future issues.
It has an innovative mouthguard, aluminium mesh protection screens, a quick-release chin strap, and a fully detachable, washable, and changeable microfiber interior material for a balance of style, utility, and safety.
5. 1Storm Adult Dirt Bike Helmet – BMX MX ATV
1Storm helmet has always made sure that its clients are safe by providing the greatest available safety equipment, and its most current motocross helmet has been the talk of the town.
It has more positive characteristics and is claimed to be of higher quality, and it has already shown to be a fierce competitor to many other great helmet lines now on the market.
This helmet, which makes from a thermoplastic injected shell, will keep you safe from any unexpected incidents that may occur while on-road or off-road racing. It promises greater airflow and ventilation systems that develop from expanded polystyrene despite the fact that it cannot be adjusted.
- Padding is removable and washable.
- The Interior is very padded and pleasant.
- UV protection with a beautiful glossy finish.
- S (53-54 CM, 20.9/21.3 Inch) DOT Approved.
- Shell is made of lightweight, aerodynamic thermoplastic alloy.
Undoubtedly, that is a budget-friendly helmet, but the greatest thing is that it meets all certification requirements. Your money will last a long time because it is robust and light in weight.
Thank you for the smooth cushioning and pleasant interior; you will not be uncomfortable wearing it for an extended period of time.
6. Fly Racing Kinetic Drift Dirt Bike Helmet
The kinetic helmet is focused on offering the finest ventilation system possible through this airflow maximum. The structure of the helmet is made of a polymer shell that makes it durable and lightweight.
Moreover, the dual-density EPS liner is removable, washable, and custom nose guard with integrated rubber trim high-flow mouthpiece that can be replaced. Thanks to the poly-alloy shell structure, the Fly Racing Kinetic Helmet provides exceptional performance and protection while being lightweight.
Kinetic helmets are created for motorcyclists who want elegant protection without suffering from any serious head injury. The Kinetic helmet range provides numerous alternatives that match exactly what you’re looking for, whether you’re stepping into an Atv or riding in the backyard with your mates.
- Dual-density polymer shell is durable and lightweight.
- Integrated nose guard and custom-molded rubber trim.
- A perfect fit is provided by three shells and four EPS sizes.
- Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) Technology, Expanded Polystyrene.
- Replaceable high-flow mouthpiece Soft fleece helmet bag is included.
- Size LG: 1342 grammes +/-25 grammes, 2.95 pounds +/-0.06 pounds.
- 73-48260 is an optional cold weather kit that includes a breath guard and ventilation plug.
- Comfort lining and cheek pads are removable and washable, and they absorb sweat while offering airflow.
- When in motion, the air is driven via many air intake vents, then channeled through aligned vent channels in the EPS, and finally escapes through multiple rear exhaust vents.
7. Typhoon Adult Women’s Dirt Bike Helmet
The Typhoon dirt bike helmet should be a great option if you are looking for something unique and extraordinary. It’s got such vibrant colors and eye-catching graphics that it’s impossible for you to look away.
- We cannot emphasize enough the importance of measuring for the exact size.
- The size of each manufacturer is varied.
- The DOT standard has been met (FMVSS 218).
- Gloves and goggles are included with the package!
- This off-road helmet has a plethora of functions!
- In inches, measure the diameter of the user’s greatest region of the head.
- Use a paper tape measure or a thread, but don’t pull it too tight; it should fit loosely like a hat.
If you’re just on the edge of a size, we recommend going up a size for a more comfortable fit.
- This is an excellent alternative for people searching for a low-cost, high-quality motocross, off-road, or ATV helmet.
- We test the helmets we offer on a regular basis at an independent testing center to guarantee that they satisfy the DOT requirement.
When purchasing a dirt bike helmet, there are various variables to consider. It will be challenging to choose a wonderful helmet because there are so many genuine gems accessible.
After reading this article, I am convinced that you will be able to choose the finest dirt bike helmet for your needs and riding style. That’s why we put up this list of the top 7 dirt bike helmets.